Sunday, June 06, 2010

Art for Art's Sake

Today was hot as anything. It was supposed to rain yesterday, then last nite and now I am told we will get severe thunderstorms this evening. Its now 5:30 and all we have received is some sprinkles and a bit of wind. It has cooled off some which is good. In between doing stuff around the house, I visited Bogarts and had a yummy iced coffee which really cooled me off. The person working there put up the photo's of Don's art class from 2008. I also put some up at the Levoy construction site. It was 2 years ago that Don passed and I wanted to keep his memory As it says " Art is what you can get away with." This video was shot around 3:30
A day after it was approved, New York City closed down an art exhibit in Staten Island citing a obscure law that states the gallery had to have 4 fire marshals there all day while open. Speculation is rife that a connected developer wants the property. This is not good! I was informed by Liz. Hope they find out who ordered it closed!!
Update at 9:14pm...The rain came and left. It did cool things off. Flyers are LOSING 3-0 after the first period.

2 comments:

~L said...

June 18th, 2008...I'll never forget that day, it was a Wednesday and I was driving by the Levoy after work when Bryan from New Revelations told me. I still think of and miss Don very much!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I still remember that night we hung out at the Beer Garden at the Oar House. My life changed soon after that. Anyhow stay in touch and enjoy your time away :)