Friday, May 08, 2009

TrackRacket Public Meeting May 7 2009










The group TrackRacket met at the Millville Public Library. It was an interesting affair to say the least. I will let reporter Jason LaDay of the News of Cumberland County summerize for ya.

"The first formal meeting of anti-noise group TrackRacket on Thursday ended in a cacophony of dozens of different conversations, as the group's organizers and New Jersey Motorsports Park officials stood on opposite ends of the public library lecture room, each group conversing with their own sympathizers.
Those sitting in the middle, those eager to hear both TrackRacket founder Michelle Post and NJMP official Don Fauerbach make their case to residents, seemed to be at a loss. "

Yup, that would be me as well. I was AT A LOSS. Why you might ask? TrackRacket founder Michelle Post spoke for 45 minutes about what TrackRacket wants. ( see my YouTube site ) Well after Ms. Post spoke, a teacher wanted to speak and folks got up and moved to the back and talked. At one point the police tried to stop him from talking but the director of the Library stated that THIS WAS A PUBLIC MEETING and he had the right to talk. See the video I took at the bottom and you can see it yourself

Next Donald Faurbach of the Green Flag Committee spoke. From where I sat, I could barely hear him. I wanted to see folk be able to ask question DIRECTLY to the representatives of the park. This would hold the NJ Motorsports responsible AND create the feeling of respect that some of the neighbors state were lacking. At least one woman stated that when she was awakened by loudspeakers at the track, she called Lou Thompson and she told Mr. Faurbach that her issue was resolved to her satisfaction
Apparently, some members of TrackRacket were not interested in listening. When I asked about that, I was met with some hostility. Now if TrackRacket wants to work with the NJ Motorsports Park then why did they act in a dismissive manner? I think the video below shows that some in Track Racket are not interested in resolving this issue (a legit issue!) I suspect and I wish it was not true but political considerations seem more important then resolving our issue here in Millville NJ. TrackRacket seems to be part of a national movement to oppose Motorsports and that is their right but do not mislead well-meaning folks who have REAL concerns. Lets talk AND LISTEN and working together as mature citizens, we can work it out.






17 comments:

Unknown said...

I wonder if anyone suggested to trackracket that they make pretty damn good ear plugs these days. If I lived near the track I'm sure I'd bitch about it too, and I think that noise pollution is a very legitimate spillover issue (which markets are dreadfully bad at resolving), however given that the track is THERE, I don't see those who support it letting it go. Earplugs are best solution to sleeping when there's noise around.

Unknown said...

Also to address the issues the motorsports park could look into putting up some soundbarriers if they haven't done so already, but as was reminded to me recently wave propagation involves reflections off the atmosphere as well as straight line transmission.

Anonymous said...

What a crock! Post called a public meeting and then denied the public right to speak!? How completely one-sided and egregiously unfair is that?

Maybe she should just sell her weekend home and stay in central jersey fulltime.

MILLVILLE DOESN"T WANT YOU MICHELLE!!!!

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB MS. POST! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

Boner Boy said...

I can honestly say that showed a complete lack of class on Michelle Post's end.

Really, that is terirble. How can you hope to convince people your quality of life is suffering when you, yourself, are an insufferable witch?

What a remarkably ugly display on her part.

Anonymous said...

TrackRacket - Don't dispair.

The Motorsports Park is on the brink of bankruptcy. Imagine that the guys with the purse strings don't want to invest in the racetrack during a recession/depression. I'll give it to the few, they are trying desperately to find the money, but in the end, it's not there. Can you hear us now?

Anonymous said...

It was a TrackRacket meeting not a NJ Motorsports Meeting. Therefore, why was one section packed with NJMP people? It would have been fine if one person showed up from NJMP for dialogue but several not to mention a bunch of out-of-town motorsports enthusiasts is nothing more than an attempt at intimidation. This was an attempt to take over the meeting plain and simple.

Boner Boy said...

Trackracket claimed that the meeting was an open forum on their website. Michelle Post even booked the Millville library (illegally, it seems) for two hours.

From the very first time she started the group she's claimed that she wants to open a dialog, but never, that I've seen, has she actually really wanted a dialog.

That video you posted Mark is VERY telling. It shows a complete lack of respect, the same respect she claims the track isn't showing her.

You can't win when your entire MO is creating enemies and being hypocritical.

Anonymous said...

It was a Trackracket meeting open to the public, not a public forum. It was her meeting, not a debate, she could run it how she wanted.
It was unfortunate that reps from NJMP felt that it was their right to try to convince concerned taxpayers that their concerns were unfounded. They were inappropriate and rude. Fortunately, Michelle looks like a tough person who won't be bullied. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone, my name is Honey Baby and I really like chicken. I don't know why everyone's talking about this when we should have more fired chicken in Millville. They call me Honey Baby because when I was little I loved fried chicken and sometimes I would just eat the skin and then later the meat and then I would suck the bone. Then my father said to my mother look honey, baby loves chicken. So that's why they call me Honey Baby and I really love chicken. Please Mr. Mayor and everybody, don't take away the fried chicken in town. I loved fried chicken and I think I speak as an average woman in Millville and I really love chicken. Please don't take away the chicken.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Carl, they won't take away your chicken. By the way, shaving and letting your hair down. Is that your disguise as Honey Baby? Now you know the artists will figure it out, once they sober up. And Brock already has you paying your back support. Hard to afford that chicken now? Try a Crazy Dog, they are cheaper.

Anonymous said...

Trackracket is a group for people who are negatively impacted by the noise from NJMP. Therefore, it was disingenuous for NJMP to pack the room with supporters of them who aren't impacted by the noise. It doesn't take many people to answer questions about the noise. Fauerbach could have done that himself.

Furthermore, as Tesoroni said, the only two things that are going to reduce the noise are mufflers and sound barriers. NJMP has refused to do either, even though other racetracks do these things. So what dialogue is left Krull?

The Commissioners and NJMP refuse to do anything meaningful about the situation and the noise continues. Yet, somehow it all TrackRacket's fault?

It is also disingenuous of you Krull to bill yourself as in the middle on this issue, since it is clear you support NJMP and the current Commission which have done nothing to address this issue.

Talk and dialogue are fine when there is a chance for meaningful action. After that it just becomes lip service.

William Wilson said...

Its a real concern but they seem to be getting more strident

William Wilson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kevin Nixon said...

Right on!

Your video really shows the NIMBY's real lack of class. Clearly they have no understanding of democracy and it's two sided approach to problem solving. I applaud you in your efforts. I do agree that the track have the right to be there but even if I didn't I would be disgusted with the way your opinions were ignored.

mkrull said...

Thanks Kevin
Now TrackRacket is going to sue the City and the Track. Its getting real ugly and stoopid!!

Anonymous said...

nice...once the track is gone they can go after the airport. Then kill all the wildlife. Then put up a bubble to get rid of the wind noise.