Sunday, May 17, 2009

Community Support Agriculture ( CSA)




We decided to get involved with Community Supported Agriculture or CSA for short. CSA members receive a ½ bushel box of mixed organic produce. I go to Mays Landing each Saturday since we are so far the only folks from Millville to join the CSA. Each week through the growing season members receive 5 - 7 different varieties of Locally Grown, Farm Fresh Certified Organic Vegetables, Herbs, and Melons.


I went out yesterday and met Matt while he was tilling the soil. He invited me to take a tour of the farm. Its 12 acres and its his uncle's land. We are splitting the cost with someone elese. The veggies are quite delicious for sure. Maybe we can can 5 folks from Millville and then we can get it delivered to our door.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

$720 for 12 bushels of veggies? That seems steep to me. Very steep.

Sure, local, organic food is good, but I suspect I can purchase that quantity of veggies for a fraction of the cost and have it be a selection of my choosing.

Unknown said...

Hi We decided to share the veggies and the cost. Since there are only 2 of us, it works for us