Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A New Week


Well, Its Feb 17th and what lies ahead? Well, getting ready for March 20th to open our gallery. A school board election in Mid-April as well taxes being due. There is the school district budget and contract negotiations which will be a challenge due to frozen state support. Corzine's funding plan will be decided by the courts in several weeks. The Philadelphia Flower Show is starting March 1st. I will again work during the week and this will be my 10th year working for ABG though the owner of states I may have my hours reduced due to the economy being in the crapper. The Millville City Commission elections are being held in May and if you read the Daily Journal forums then you would believe that the current city commissioners have done NOTHING RIGHT. At least Ian Roberts put his name down unlike the cowards who just bitch and moan under fake names. These forums are an echo chamber of the bitter and resentful side of Millville. I have to wonder what they want Millville to be and why I bother to read. I guess its like listening to Sean Hannity after work. I guess I am curious of the latest OUTRAGE of the angry.
Time to get to work in West Philly at the Welfare Department

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the forums are pretty pathetic, aren't they? Don't worry, I don't really think it's that many people. It's probably just two or three people with a whole bunch of users name.

It's what we call in the business an "alt army."

Anonymous said...

Good evening. Thank you for your comment regarding my public response to comments on the Daily Journals website and others. I am a transplant to this area and have watched the area grow during the last ten years I have been here. My desire to serve my community as an elected official has long been a dream of mine, as Millville is my chosen hometown.

Obviously, something attracted us to the area and has kept us here all these years. I am hopeful that, if the voters of our city allow me the opportunity to serve them, that I may be able to continue many of the positive things that have helped our city to grow. As with anything, the time comes where new faces must move in to office as others move on. I simply want to be one of those honored to serve.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments. I always welcome feedback and hope to be your voice on City Commission. I am positive about the direction of our city and hope to bring fresh ideas to keep us moving. I am never bitter and am grateful for where we have come. Nonetheless, I will always listen objectively and do my best to represent our citizens and work to assure everyone is heard. Thanks for your time.

Respectfully,

Ian Roberts
FireSarge30@comcast.net
856-457-2106 (Cell)
856-506-8040 (Home)