Friday, December 05, 2008

Teen PregnancyTackled


At least the issue of Teen Pregnancy is now going to be "tackled" on a united front. See this article
While teenage girls were getting knocked up at an alarming rate, our leaders have played political football like the Philadelphia Eagles playing to a tie against the worst team in the NFL. It was not a loss on paper but right-minded folks KNEW better.
I work for the Pa Department of Public Welfare, yes, I work in a welfare office and have for almost 20 years now. I see everyday what unplanned pregnancies and ignorance on sexual issues has done.
I hope this will end the political posturing that has been shortsighted. Its really up to our local elected officials to support this and PUSH this. Teen pregnancy is a COSTLY social problem that stunts the future of Cumberland County and cost millions of TAXPAYER dollars. I hope this will be the start of something positive to "tackle" this problem instead of stuffing our collective head in the sand as to not "offend" sensibilities. Signs of progress are beginning. I see that schools are going to be part of the solution to this issue. I look forward to seeing cooperation. We can not fumble away our future and our children
I look forward to honest discussion and progress. Thank you for your time
Regards

No comments: